Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] SoC Introduction

On 04/27/2010 08:51 AM, giopas wrote:
I can't wait to see (and enjoy of) your work, guys!!

What it should be nice is to see a kind of conceptual link also with
"last.fm <http://last.fm> queue" plugin [1] and to just click on a most
popular song (that you own on your library) to enqueued it.

My autoqueue[*] plugin does this (although it automatically enqueues the most similar song, so it doesn't have UI) based on last.fm similarity score (song and artist) *and* local acoustic analysis. They are both optional, so if you'd like to just use last.fm scores, you can turn local analysis off. (Although the rhythmbox version of the plugin does not have any UI for this yet, so you might have to dig a little. I don't use rhythmbox except for testing, so it could definitely use a little more love.)

[*] https://launchpad.net/autoqueue

--
eric casteleijn
https://code.launchpad.net/~thisfred