[Rhythmbox-devel] DesktopCouch syncing

Hi there,

Some days ago I started to write a Python plugin for Rhythmbox that
syncs the Rhythmbox library to the DesktopCouch. In parallel to this I
wrote some similar Exaile plugin, which refers to the same data. This
means, that both players can use the same statitics such as play count,
last played, rating and so on. They also store standard information such
as title, album, artist, tracknr, etc which mainly is used to identify a
song.

The Rhythmbox plugin is working quite well at the moment. I can sync
entries of audiofile and also of streams. I had to disable the sync of
podcastfeeds and podcastposts but I plan this, too.

What also doesn't work yet, but is planned, is syncing across multiple
pcs with Ubuntu One. If I get this to work, one can sync multiple
mediaplayer across multiple pcs. That doesn't sound so bad, does it? :-)

Although the Rhythmbox plugin does most of the things it's supposed to
do, I'm not satisfied yet with the code. This is because I just learned
a little of Python and daily I find things to improve :-). I think it's
necessary to have a good basis on this to make it as easy as possible to
integrate this feature to other players, too.

I wrote this just to let you know that I'm working on this and if
someone's out there who is interested, please contact me.

Kind regards,
Oliver