Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] is possible to select ethernet interfaces?

Hi,

> i was trying to configure my pc as a server: media server, kvm server,
> smb server, ... Everything goes fine, but the upnp-server.
> [...]
> to bind eth0 and everything goes fine.
>
> And the question is, is there any way, in Rhythmbox, to bind its network
> plugins as DAAP and uPnP, to a specific network interface?

we've added little configuration UI to the Rhythmbox UPnP plugin,
that allows to set:

 * the interface to use
 * the port to bind to (makes it more friendly on firewalled hosts)
 * selectively enable/disable the UPnP client, UPnP MediaServer
   and the UPnP MediaRenderer functionality
 * allows setting the names of the MediaServer and MediaRenderer,
   instead of the boring "rhythmbox on <ip>"

That information is stored in gconf.

The UI doesn't look that nice yet, but it works. ;-)

If you can think of any more needed options please let us know.

Regards,
Frank