Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Problems adding songs to Rythmbox

Le lundi 05 octobre 2009 à 17:32 -0400, Mark Andrews a écrit :
> I have most of my music saved in Windows on Itunes and import it in MP3
> format for use on Linux.  Recently, the music that is imported is
> somewhat distorted.  This has occurred ever since Itunes "improved"
> their music with higher quality (density) recordings.  It is almost as
> if there is a problem in the codec's.
>
> To accomplish the import, I first burn the music from Itunes onto a CD
> in CD Audio format (this also serves as my backup).  Then, I use the
> Audio CD Extractor application to copy the music from the CD to my MP3
> music folder.  The music sounds OK when played from the CD under Windows
> (both in Itunes and Windows Media Player), but sounds distorted when
> played under Linux.  I have also access my Itunes library directly from
> RythmBox application and the same things happen.

What about if you read it on a regular cd player ? If it's distorted
there as well, we can pretty much conclude its an iTunes "feature".
Otherwise, there might be bugs in audio ripping libraries somehow.

--
Gilles Dartiguelongue <gilles dartiguelongue esiee org>