Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Why `rhythmbox-client --enqueue <file>` works only if <file> is already present in library ?

Sorry, I forgot to mention in my last mail that I did try --play-uri. But if I do that, it plays the file as well. I don't want to play the file.
Only enqueue it to the playlist and importing it if necessary.

If the feature I have requested is not there in the current version, then I would be glad to submit a patch :-)

regards,
Seemanta

On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 2:08 PM, Christian Becke <christianbecke web de> wrote:
Seemanta Dutta schrieb:
[...]
> In simplest terms, my requirement is:
> The user should be able to right-click ANY music file in the filesystem and
> then enqueue it to the Play Queue of rhythmbox. This should work
> irrespective of whether the music file is already imported or not.
>
> Is this possible with the current version of rhythmbox? If not, may I
> request the developers to add this option into rhythmbox-client in future
> releases ?
> The version I am using is 0.11.6 over Ubuntu Intrepid

Did you try:
rhyhtmbox-client --play-uri=file:///path/to/file

According to rhythmbox-client --help:
"--play-uri=URI to play     Play a specified URI, importing it if necessary"

Regards,

Chris