Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] scrobble free 0.1 released
- From: Jonathan Matthew <jonathan d14n org>
- To: rhythmbox-devel gnome org
- Subject: Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] scrobble free 0.1 released
- Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 13:16:01 +1000
On Thu, May 07, 2009 at 12:12:09AM +1000, Michael Gratton wrote:
> Scrobble Free is a plugin for Rhythmbox that supports sending your
> listening habits to multiple social music web site at the same time,
> i.e. to both libre.fm and last.fm simultaneously.
> Ideally this functionality should get folded into the main RB last.fm
> plugin, but I don't have the time to do that.
Me neither.. anyway, here's a rough plan for how someone could go about
- move the configuration dialog bits from rb-audioscrobbler.c to
- add some properties/signals to the RBAudioscrobbler class for
status and queue information, use these to update the configuration
- add a property to RBAudioscrobbler specifying a configuration name,
used to qualify gconf key names, construct the queue file name, etc.
add a special case configuration name for backwards compatibility with
existing gconf keys and queue files.
- add a gconf key storing a list of active configurations, and have the
plugin create and destroy instances of the RBAudioscrobbler class to
match the list
- redesign the dialog for multiple configurations, while keeping it
simple for the 99% of users who will only have one. Not sure what to
do about the current last.fm signup and group links.
This is mostly the result of glancing through the code for a few
minutes, so there's probably a thing or two I missed. Most of the work
here would probably be in the last step, but you'd have something about
as useful as the current approaches before you even got there.
] [Thread Prev