Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] [more info] Re: 0.12.2 Not playing audiocd. 0.12.0 did play

Jonathan Matthew wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 11:46:08AM +0200, tjoen wrote:
>> tjoen wrote:
>>
>> 0.12.0 plays audiocd
>>
>> Update to 0.12.2 (no extra gst-plugins)
>> no audiocd playing only some blinking lights

> I'm guessing you don't have crossfading enabled in rhythmbox.  It might be worth
> enabling it, or disabling it if it's enabled.

Wow! It was off, set to on, closed RB, inserted CD and now it works
Thanks!

One more thing:
If RB is running and I insert an audiocd no entry Devices
appears in the left box. According to the helppages it should.
Only inserting CD and clicking OK when asked if I wanted to
start RB let devices appear.
Am I still missing something? Or is that normal?

> Aside from that, try running 'gst-launch-0.10 playbin2 uri=cdda://1' - you'll
> probably need to set up a symlink from /dev/cdrom to your actual CD drive for this
> to work.

Still needed?

$ gst-launch-0.10 playbin2 uri=cdda://1
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
WARNING: from element /GstPlayBin2:playbin20: Missing element 'input-selector' - check your GStreamer installation.
Additional debug info:
gstplaybin2.c(1758): pad_added_cb (): /GstPlayBin2:playbin20
[^C]

That input-selector is in the not installed gst-plugins-bad.