Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Since activating ReplayGain Rhythmbox stays muted

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 10:26:00PM +0200, Markus Meyer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> first please reply to me since I'm not subscribed.
>
> I just activated ReplayGain via gconf-editor, restarted Rhythmbox and
> now it's always muted. I played music with aplay, checked Alsamixer and
> all was fine. But I can't get Rhythmbox to make a sound again.
>
> Can anyone help me here?

ReplayGain is broken.  That's why it's disabled by default and only accessible
through gconf.  I don't think I ever tested the ReplayGain code in either of the
current player backends, so it's not surprising that it apparently doesn't work.