Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] [Libre-fm] scrobble free 0.3 released

Hi Michael.

On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 2:04 AM, Michael Gratton <mike vee net> wrote:
This makes me think you're running RB when ssh'ed into another box or
sudo'ed as someone else, basically from outside of the GNOME/X session
you're actually using RB in, or something similarly non-standard. Is
that the case? How are you launching it?

I'm running Rhythmbox from my xfce4 session, as I always do (but probably I should have mentioned it before), and I logged the process from within the same user terminal.

Your observation, gave me the idea of testing Rhythmbox withing GNOME (same username). Here the results:
1. The plugin did not "remembered" my libre.fm and last.fm usernames (empty window)
2. However, once filled in, Rhythmbox started to scrobble to last.fm (but curiously not to libre.fm, maybe because of a server side problem?)

I tried the same test again within xfce4 and I received the following result:
1. The plugin did not "remembered" my libre.fm and last.fm usernames (empty window)
2. Once filled in, Rhythmbox did not scrobble neither to last.fm neither to libre.fm
3. However, looking at gconf (apps>rhythmbox>plugins>scrobblefree>service), both from gnome and xfce4, user keys were properly filled.

Do your other RB settings, like the library location, get saved in gconf
okay?

Everything else (lastrhythm, jump-to-playing, alarmclock) is just running fine.

Could it be an audioscrobbled problem while accessing gnome-keyring within xfce4?

Thank you again!

enjoy, ;)
giopas