Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Crash on opening Song Info

On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 01:54:11AM +0100, Joe Bain wrote:
> 2009/7/3 Joe Bain <mrjoebain gmail com>:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I've been working on a plugin for Rhythmbox in python, it basically so
> > far adds a tab to the song info dialogue and lets the user search for
> > albums using Musicbrainz, eventually so you can tag albums that way.
> > It was all going ok but then I changed something today and it made
> > Rhythmbox seg fault when I tried to open the song info box. So I undid
> > the change, same thing, deactivated the plugin, same thing, removed
> > the plugin from the plugin directory, it still seg faults.
> >
> > Anyway I'm out of ideas but I'm sure it must be something to do with
> > the plugin I was writing. Anyone have any ideas? I've included the
> > output of "rhythmbox -d".
> >
> > Joe Bain
> >

> Ok guys, panic over. It seems it was just some mp3 with a lousy tag.
> At least it turns out that only certain songs cause the crash. I guess
> I will file a bug report as I don't think it was my plugin after all.

Sorry for not responding to this earlier; please do file a bug, this sort of crash
shouldn't even be possible.  If you can narrow it down to a particular file or
set of files, it'd be a great help if you could attach the first 100kb or so
of such a file.  A stack trace (see http://live.gnome.org/GettingTraces) would also
be useful.  In general, debug output like you provided here doesn't help much
when trying to fix crashes.