Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Backspace shortcut

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 11:05:07PM -0500, Carleton Atwater wrote:
> Why is backspace the shortcut for the about screen? Every time I make a typo
> in the text box and hit backspace to fix it the damn About window comes up.
> There has the be a better key to use for a short cut. It's incredibly
> annyoning

It sounds like you've accidentally set a shortcut key - by default there
is no shortcut key for the about screen.

To get rid of it:
- open the GNOME appearance preferences
- switch to the 'interface' tab
- ensure 'editable menu item shortcuts' is checked
- open the rhythmbox 'help' menu
- hover over the 'about' item (don't click on it)
- press backspace
- uncheck 'editable menu item shortcuts' so this doesn't happen again