Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] audio cd doesn't appear in side pane

On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 07:00:04 +1000
Jonathan Matthew <jonathan d14n org> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 1:40 AM, Renato <rennabh gmail com> wrote:
> > Hello, when I insert an audio CD, it won't show up in rhythmbox's
> > side pane. Is there some option to activate I've missed? I'm using
> > version 0.12.3, I'm on Archlinux and:
>
> Audio CDs need to be mounted by gvfs before they will show up in
> rhythmbox. This isn't happening in your case. Nautilus is usually the
> thing that mounts volumes these days, so if you're not running
> nautilus this won't work for you.

Yes, I don't have gnome, just openbox stand alone, and I don't use
nautilus. But I do have gvfs installed... What command should I run to
mount the audio cd?
If I find out how to manually mount it, is it correct that I could write
an udev rule to recognize audio cds and gvfs-mount them? the only thing
I'm not sure of is how I would recognize an audio cd from any other
cd/dvd.

btw it would be great if there were an option in rhythmbox to mount
and play audio cd (as there is in pragha and audacious for example) so
that if it isn't automatically mounted as in my case one still has a
way of listening to it (without opening a terminal)

Renato