Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] New HAL/DeviceKit/gvfs/Nautilus world (Was: compiling 0.12.2 with mtp support)

On Wed, 2009-07-01 at 12:42 +0200, Ernst Persson wrote:
> Isn't there another problem in that Nautilus/Gvfs automounts any MTP
> device and thereby locks out Rhythmbox from using them?

It is a problem, but it was a problem before, and will still be a
problem until the gphoto/PTP backend is good enough to work with music
players to a level where we can replace the current backend.

That's not the case right now, and David Zeuthen will owes me a mail
explaining how he thinks the gvfs backend can accommodate Rhythmbox.

Cheers