Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] More Rythmbox

I created a playlist and set it to random shuffle and over the course
of the last few hours I've heard a couple of songs get played two or
three times consecutively. If I wanted to hear the same song over and
over again I would play it over and over again.

I don't know the answers to all of your questions, but this is what random means. Every song has an equal chance of being played next including ones that have already been played. (This is not particular to rhythmbox, I think you'll find.)

If you don't want a song to be played more than once, you somehow have to put a random selection in the queue, where songs are removed automatically as they are played.

--
- eric casteleijn
http://thisfred.blogspot.com