Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] song information reload

On Thu, 2008-09-25 at 11:04 +0200, Christophe Fergeau wrote:

> If the modification date of the file changes, rhythmbox should reread
> it (either immediatly or after restarting). Some taggers (easytag) are
> known not to change that date when a tag is modified, maybe that's the
> issue you're having ?

For a local filesystem at least, an inotify would probably be more
comprehensive, as it does not rely on an particular kind of modification
to trigger.

It's really a shame there is no inotify equivalent for remote (i.e. NFS)
filesystems.  There used to be.  I forget what it was called now.

b.