[Rhythmbox-devel] GIO and HTTP auth

Hi all,

Back in August, I finished up some more work on the Magnatune plugin to
get it working with their new account feature. The basic idea is that
for streaming accounts, it would give rhythmbox a URL for a file,
without the username and password components. These files sit behind
HTTP auth, and when the user tried to play the file, rhythmbox would ask
it for their username and password, and give them the option of storing
it.

I did this so that I wouldn't have to worry about storing the un/pass in
gconf or somewhere similarly insecure. With the switch to GIO though,
rhythmbox no longer prompts for the un/pass, and simply fails when
trying to play the files.

Is there a way to re-enable this feature? If not, is there a way to tell
rhythmbox to prompt for authentication details, or should I change the
configuration dialog to ask for the details and store them myself?

--
Adam Zimmerman <adam_zimmerman sfu ca>

CREATIVITY  - http://mirrors.creativecommons.org/movingimages/Building_on_the_Past.mpg
ALWAYS      - http://www.musiccreators.ca/
BUILDS      - http://www.ubuntu.com/
ON THE PAST - http://www.theopencd.org/
--

Q:	How many IBM types does it take to change a light bulb?
A:	Fifteen.  One to do it, and fourteen to write document number