[Rhythmbox-devel] Feature request for Rhythmbox

Using version 0.11.5 under Ubuntu 8.04.

Previous CD ripper of choice: Easy CD-DA Extractor for MS-Windows XP.  ( http://www.poikosoft.com/ )
I like Poikosoft's application, enough that I registered and paid for the "professional" version.

However, I hate Windows with a passion, and I'm trying to convert to Linux.  CD ripping was one of the last holdouts, and Rhythmbox has almost finished my conversion.

Almost.

CD-DA Extractor has several features that aren't included in Rhythmbox.  There are only a few that I miss:

1.  Select from a list of available album titles.  When CD-DA Extractor downloads album titles from freedb.org, it recognizes that sometimes multiple albums may exist under the CD index, and allows me the opportunity to select which album I want to use.

1.a.  It also allows me to rescan the database in case my computer was not connected to the Internet when I inserted the CD.

2.  Easily select bitrate.  I appreciate that you support multiple file types, but I like to rip audiobooks at a different bitrate than music.

3.  Easily select the folder hierarchy.  I like to save differently depending on the type of CD I'm ripping.  For example, I like to bundle Audiobooks, group artists, and list compilation CDs by album title.

Thanks for your time,
Michael
.