Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox on Mac

On Sat, 2008-04-19 at 17:49 +0200, Pierre Rudloff wrote:
> I know that you are not hosting binaries, but I would like to use
> Rhythmbox on my Mac and I don't manage to compile all the dependancies.
> So, do you know if someone already compiled it for Mac and could share
> the binary ?

Sorry for taking so long to reply, I've been a bit busy recently and
missed your email amongst everything coming in to my inbox.

If there are any pre-build binaries out there, they are probably part of
MacPorts or a similar "distribute unix-y tools" collection.

I have gotten Rhythmbox to compile and run on my Mac without MacPorts,
however there were some changes that need to be make to some Gnome
libraries we depend on. I haven't got all of those in to the upstream
project yet, or figured out how to build nice Mac application bundles.

Hopefully I'll get around to looking at the Mac stuff again soon, but
for now looking at MacPorts or similar would probably be your best bet.

Cheers,

--
"The surreality of the universe tends towards a maximum" -- Skud's Law
"Never formulate a law or axiom that you're not prepared to live with