Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] More suggestions

1. The equalizer is a common request. It "only" waits for someone to do it, I guess.

2. I love this idea.

3. I don't have a DAP but I think it works somehow this way (and if it doesn't, I think it should work this way):
You copy an mp3 file to an Ipod ->
Rhythmbox checks from hal that the Ipod support mp3 ->
Mp3 is supported ->
The file is copied to the ipod.

You copy an ogg file to an Ipod ->
Rhythmbox checks from hal that the Ipod support ogg ->
Ogg is not supported ->
The ogg file is converted to an mp3 in /tmp ->
The mp3 file is copied to the ipod.

4. Cool mockups, but the length of the slider has been discussed a lot, and it came up that for long audio files (like 1h podcasts) a longer slider allows to move more precisely in the file.
ie: if you have a short slider with 100 positions: on a one hour "song" you can only move 36 seconds (3600/100) forward and backward.
if you have a long slider with 1000 positions: on a one hour "song" you can only move 3,6 seconds (3600/1000) forward and backward.
It has been decided to go for the long slider, and I agree with the choice.