Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Incorrect track names

On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 07:58:38PM +0800, Bob Hastings wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am currently running Rhythmbox 0.9.3.1.
>
> When I start playing an audio CD, I see the lights flicker on my modem -
> I assume therefore that the program is using the Internet to find the
> album name and track names etc. Is this right?

Yes.

> Where does it get the information?

Audio CD track information is retrieved from musicbrainz.org.

> Is there a way to file this information on my own system so
> that it doesn't have to look up the Internet every time after the first
> time the CD is played?

It doesn't look like it.  There does seem to be some code in there to do
that, but it's disabled for some reason.

> There are a couple of issues with the system:
>
> 1) Sometimes if I start up Rhythmbox with a CD already in the drive it
> doesn't have the track information and just shows "Unknown Artist",
> "Unknown title" etc. I find I have to eject and reinsert the CD, upon
> which it (usually) then finds and displays the information.

I don't play audio CDs in rhythmbox much, but I don't think I've ever
seen this problem.

> 2) I have discovered at least one case where the track title is wrong.
> I'd like to correct it, which means I would like to know where the
> information is retrieved from on the Net so I can notify the persons who
> maintain the site and get the error corrected.

I believe you can edit disc information on musicbrainz if you create an
account there.