Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Suggested Features

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 03:44:57AM -0400, Tommy Ryan wrote:

> 1. Video support - I know alot have suggested this

I don't think that adding video playback to rhythmbox is necessarily a bad
idea, but I think it's not likely to be a good way to make a video library
app.  I haven't really thought about what a good video library app would look
like, but approaching the problem starting with the structure and limitations
of rhythmbox as it stands today probably wouldn't help.

Other things aside, the crossfading player backend can't do video playback,
and I suspect that adding video output would complicate it a bit too much.