Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Suggested Features

On Sat, 2008-07-19 at 13:11 -0400, Tommy Ryan wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 7:33 AM, Mats Taraldsvik
> <mats taraldsvik broadpark no> wrote:
> > On Thu, 2008-07-17 at 03:44 -0400, Tommy Ryan wrote:
> >> I really like Rhythmbox. I have a couple suggestions of features to add.
> >> I was unsure what the best way to do that is.
> >>
> >> 1. Video support - I know alot have suggested this
> >
> > Why would Rhythmbox need video support? Totem, VLC, MPlayer does this.
> >
> Totem, VLC, and Mplayer don't have the awesome organization that
> Rhythmbox has. For someone with alot of videos he helps to be able to
> see all the videos lined up in that window.

Then this should, in my opinion, be a feature request in one of those
video players (preferably Totem, as it would benefit Gnome). Rhythmbox
is a music player (not a media player).

You wouldn't want F-spot to have video support either, and it also has
organization capabilities. ( I know music and video files are more
closely related than images, but do you see my point? )

> >> 2. Equalizer - I like increasing the bass
> >> 3. Multiple Libraries - I do a good job organizing my music but think
> >> having another library might help out.
> >
> > I think there is some sort of partial support for it, cause you can add
> > more paths in gconf.
> >
> Yea, I did find that, I'll give that a try thanks for pointing it out.
>
> >> 4. Sync - Automatically sync with mp3 players, and ipods.
> >
> > Syncing playlists, then? What about podcasts?
> >
> >> 5. reorganize playlists - clicking the artist or rating header at the
> >> top reorganizes the playlist in that order.
> >>
> >> If I knew how to program I would contribute by trying to program those
> >> features.
> >
> > You don't need to be a programmer to contribute.
> >
> Is what I just did by suggesting features considered contributing?

Yes, you did. I read you as "I can not program and therefore can not
contribute.", and that's not true at all. Documentation, translation
etc. is very much needed. Especially documentation.