Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] question: i moved my music library folder but them all my points or stars for my songs disappeared.

Hi All,
  How difficult would it be to have file-id's with some kind of
checksum and a current path stored in the RB database?  You'd still
have to have some way to tell it to look in a new place for new or
missing files.  But it might be able to compare the checksum of newly
found files with the known checksum of missing files.  That's how some
other software packages do it.

Heck - iTunes doesn't even do that.

-M