Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Tagging support idea

On Feb 2, 2008 7:49 PM, Jonathan Matthew <notverysmart gmail com> wrote:
On Feb 2, 2008 12:57 PM, Andrew Conkling <andrew conkling gmail com> wrote:
> * Can a (Python) plugin hook into the necessary stuff in automatic playlists
> to add it as a search criteria? I've never seen this done.

Not at the moment, as the automatic playlist editor is not extensible
at all. I'm a bit dubious about allowing plugins to extend the
playlist editor.

I can understand that in general, but it makes my idea pretty much dead in the water. (At least for me, automatic playlists are the primary way I'd use tags.) Any other way I could do this?

>  * Can a plugin add <keyword> entries to RhythmDB to save added tags?

Something like this should work: db.entry_keyword_add(entry, "keyword")

Cool, thanks.

> * Is there any way to query <keyword> entries? I didn't quite make sense of
db.entry_keywords_get(entry) is supposed to return a list of the
keywords on an entry, but it needs some hackery to get it to appear in
the bindings.

So it's not available to me yet, eh?

Hrm, that's alright. At least I can start coding a plugin that will set all my tags; when all the support lands later, I'll be the first one whose library is all ready to go. Rawk. ;)

Cheers,
Andrew