Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] rhythmbox-devel Digest, Vol 52, Issue 12

On Thu, 2008-08-14 at 08:42 +0000, rhythmbox-devel-request gnome org
wrote:

> Message: 1
> Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 09:28:32 -0400
> From: "Michael R. Head" <burner suppressingfire org>
> Subject: Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Observations from using rhythmbox daily
> 	for	3	months.
> To: rhythmbox-devel gnome org

SNIP

> > 6. For the podcasts at least, it would be nice to have some way to know
> > if the file has been played, mabe treat it like an email client and have
> > a read/unread flag would be nice, could use bold text to show
> > un-listened, mabe.
>
> This is already possible. Just tweak the table display in
> Edit/Preferences/General. You can add the play count, last played date,
> and date added.

I don't think this fits the bill, music needs to be treated differently
to podcasts... I don't really care about how many times I played a music
track, although some might... and podcasts are more like email, or forum
articles, you just need to know if you have listened to them at all..

Infact, if you wanted to get really clever, being able to suspend
playback and resume where it left off would be really cool... since
podcasts tend to be 1 hour plus, and you may not manage to listen to it
all, and I often have to remember how many minutes were remaining...
etc...

SNIP