[Rhythmbox-devel] Cover Art and Credit Card Safety

Hi all,

I got two questions:

1) Are you still using Amazon Webservices for getting cover art? As far as I understand their license this is not allowed:

-- snip --
5.1.3. You are not permitted to use Amazon Associates Web Service with any
Application or for any use that does not have, as its principal purpose, driving
traffic to the Amazon Website and driving sales of products and services on the
Amazon Website.
-- snap --

What is your read on this? I'd like to use AWS in a project of my own but have some reservations due to the license...

2) I tried to find a word about how credit card data is handled when buying from magnatune via rhythmbox. I guess you do all you can to make this safe but I do believe this subject justifies a BIG section in the help files and the FAQ on your webpage explaining what you do to keep the data safe. Not knowing anything about the way you handle the data is a reason not to use it for me...

Keep up the good work! Cheers, Maximilian