[Rhythmbox-devel] plugin development

Hello all,

I am developing a plugin for one of social networks(just a home project for myself and friends). I almost do not know Python, but it seems that I can study it faster than GObject or Vala. I have a one question about plugin development for Rhythmbox on Pyton.

I have reviewed the source code of few plugins and, in principle, I understand the logic of Pyton plugin system. But most of the existed plugins using BrowserSource work with a list of already prepared tracks from remote files or something else. The essence of my plugin - do search in the remote database and use the response to fill the track list of BrowserSource. The problem is that the search bar of BrowserSource is connected to the track list already filled with tracks and I don't know how to change the behaviour of search bar.

Is it possible to do so with BrowserSource or do I need to use normal PlaylistSource and use customized search bar based on GTK?

Thank you for any help,
Alexander