Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] In the mood: predictive playback for Rhythmbox

Charlotte Curtis ha scritto:
so it'd be important
> to be able to pause/restart the process on demand (which is something
> I've been meaning to add in anyway).

that's for sure.

> I'm starting to think it would be a good idea for the 'time analyzed'
> parameter to be a user-specified variable (maybe a slider between
> 'speed' and 'accuracy'), although the problem there is that a song
> that has had 30 seconds analyzed *cannot* be compared accurately to
> one that has had a minute analyzed, so if this parameter were changed,
> the whole library would have to be re-analyzed.

Based on my quick test, I will say that at the beginning it is important
to have an high degree of accuracy, even because sometimes results are
quite surprising (have a look at my test results)

> Yes, the slowdown is in the lookup process.  Right now it's a very
> simple brute-force approach - loop through all of the feature vectors
> and check against the current top match.  I thought this would be okay
> since it went very quickly on my system, but I might have to start
> doing some more complicated clustering or something to improve the
> speed.

QWhat I'm thinking is to create a db table that assign for each song a
number like in Kademlia network in order to show how much nodes are far
from me (10000000000011110000000000111110000000001111)... It's just an
idea...
Other 2€ cents...

enjoy, ;)
giopas

ps: concerning last email, what was the second reason? I've forgot it :D

- --
"The paradigm of competition is a race: by
rewarding the winner, we encourage everyone
to run faster. When capitalism really works
this way, it does a good job; but its defenders
are wrong in assuming it always works this way.
If the runners forget why the reward is offered
and become intent on winning, no matter how, they
may find other strategies--such as, attacking
other runners. If the runners get into a fist
fight, they will all finish late."
(GNU manifesto/R. Stallman)