Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] In the mood: predictive playback for Rhythmbox

> > At 8:23p -0400 on Thu, 24 Jul 2008, Charlotte Curtis wrote:
> > > Another thing I should mention is that it only analyzes the middle 30
> > > seconds of the song.  This was done to reduce the amount of time
> > > required for analysis, but it is possible that it could pick up on a
> > > segment that is actually quite distinct from the rest of the song.
> > > I'm not sure how this could be improved while maintaining a tolerable
> > > analysis time.

Would it be useful to analyze a few seconds of the song at regular
intervals, so that you get bits of the entire song? Or does it need to
analyze a whole block to work properly?

--
Adam Zimmerman <adam_zimmerman sfu ca>

CREATIVITY  - http://mirrors.creativecommons.org/movingimages/Building_on_the_Past.mpg
ALWAYS      - http://www.musiccreators.ca/
BUILDS      - http://www.ubuntu.com/
ON THE PAST - http://www.theopencd.org/
--

He was part of my dream, of course -- but then I was part of his dream too.
		-- Lewis Carroll