Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox Album Art

On Monday 14 April 2008, jeff wrote:
> Hi, I was wondering if there's some way to mess with how Rhythmbox finds
> album art. Back when I was using windows Winamp would look for images
> saved in the folder that had the same album name as the tracks before it
> would look elsewhere, so I have a ton of high-res images in my music
> folders for all my music.
>
> I can't do the rename thing to get the right album art because of the
> way I organize my music, it's all in folders by artist, so there are
> several albums in each folder.

rhythmbox stores album art in ~/.gnome2/rhythmbox/covers/${artist}\ -\
${album}.jpg -- at least here it does ;). So what immediately comes to mind
(for me, at least) would be a simple bash script along the lines of

#!/bin/bash
cd ${MUSIC_LIBRARY}
for artist in */
do
   for album in */
   do
      cp "$artist/$album/$album.jpg" "~/.gnome2/rhythmbox/covers/${artist}\ -\
${album}.jpg"
   done
done

let me know if that works for you. (you could even make it a one-liner -- i
like those.)

7<arsten

--
I stick with Gentoo because it is home. Other distros are like living in
hotels -- comfortable initially, but ultimately confining.