Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] [new plugin] alarm clock

Andrew Conkling wrote:
On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 7:25 AM, Mika Wahlroos <mpw iki fi <mailto:mpw iki fi>> wrote:

    mathias nedrebo org <mailto:mathias nedrebo org> wrote:
    > I have written an alarm clock plugin. It is located at
    > http://www.nedrebo.org/kode/rhythmbox_alarm_clock/

    There's at least some information at
    http://live.gnome.org/RhythmboxPlugins. Note also the "Third party
    plugins" page.

Be sure to note that there's already an alarm clock plugin posted there: http://live.gnome.org/RhythmboxPlugins/ThirdParty links to http://fabien.carrion.free.fr/Rhythmbox.html. Don't know if it works well, or how it compares, but it might be nice to pool your resources.

Cheers,
Andrew

Hi Mathias,

I've tried to use a bit your plugin, and I like how you've implemented it.

However I had some problems:

1. yesterday I was able to set the plugin according to my needs, but when I clicked "ok" the windows didn't accept input (so that I had to close the window with "x" - altF4 - without saving my choices)

2. today, just in order to give you a better feedback on it, I've started rhythmbox from command line "rhythmbox -n -d" but I receive the following error when I tried to set up your plugin:

(21:29:17) [0x80dc408] [window_focus_cb] rb-mmkeys-plugin.c:118: window got focus, re-grabbing media keys (21:29:17) [0x80dc408] [window_focus_cb] rb-mmkeys-plugin.c:118: window got focus, re-grabbing media keys (21:29:19) [0x80dc408] [rb_plugin_find_file] rb-plugin.c:255: found '/home/giopas/.gnome2/rhythmbox/plugins/alarm-clock/alarmclock.glade' when searching for file 'alarmclock.glade' for plugin 'alarm-clock'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/giopas/.gnome2/rhythmbox/plugins/alarm-clock/__init__.py", line 273, in show_conf_dialog
    load_dialog_values(widgets)
File "/home/giopas/.gnome2/rhythmbox/plugins/alarm-clock/__init__.py", line 221, in load_dialog_values * dt = datetime.datetime.strptime(date, locale.nl_langinfo(locale.D_FMT)) AttributeError: type object 'datetime.datetime' has no attribute 'strptime'*

Anyway, as Andrew already told you, someone already implemented a similar plugin:

1. alarmclock-1.2.tar.bz2 (http://fabien.carrion.free.fr)
2. rb-alarmclock-0.4 (http://bgarret.free.fr/blog/?page_id=8)

However, the second does not work anymore (at least for me), and the second has some minor problems (like it does not play the playlist you have selected, or other).

For this reason, I encourage you - if it's possible, 'cause I'm not a code literate at all - to merge your plugin with Fabien's one, so that it could became stable and 100% complete (I'm a rhythmbox plugin fun, because it's probably the most used application).

Keep fine,

giopas

--
"The paradigm of competition is a race: by
rewarding the winner, we encourage everyone