Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Japanese support - solution

All,

I came across a nice tag editor, EasyTAG http://easytag.sourceforge.net/
that does bulk re-encoding of the tags. It worked on almost all my
files. If I removed the id3v1 tags from the file, EasyTAG was works on
everything.

Last time I checked, EasyTAG only supported ID3v1.1 and ID3v2.3 tag, but not the newer ID3 v2.4 used in gstreamer and rhythmbox. I think this make have implications for international languages like Japanese, because v2.4 allows textual data to be encoded in UTF-8, while strictly speaking v2.3 doesn't but some editors did it anyway.

Peter