Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Keybindings feedback

On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 08:32:15 +1000, Jonathan Matthew wrote
> Rhythmbox supports the media player keybinding feature that was
> introduced in (I think) GNOME 2.18. The key bindings are configured
> in the GNOME control center (or 'gnome-keybinding-properties') and apply
> to whichever media player you're using.

> Rhythmbox also ships the rhythmbox-client program that does this.

You can also use KeyTouch <http://keytouch.sourceforge.net/>. I could never
get the GNOME key bindings to work exactly the way I wanted them to. Keytouch
comes with plugins for quite a few applications including Rhythmbox. Combine
KeyTouch with rhythmbox-client and some shell scripting and you can probably
do just about anything you wanted.

For example, I like to be able to press a key to see the Track, Artist, Album
info for the song currently playing. I used to use xosd with rhythmbox-client
in a shell script to pull out the info I wanted and display it. I forget why
but I know use '/usr/bin/rhythmbox-client --notify' configured by KeyTouch.

I imagine some combination of Keytouch, rhythmbox-client
--print-playing[-format] and a shell script and you can probably get the track
info copied to the clipboard. (Or even better, patch rhythmbox-client so that
functionality is a standard feature!)

--
Jason Bodnar
jason shakabuku org