Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Nomad Jukebox Plugin...

Jonathan Matthew wrote:
I have now got to a point where my plugin will detect the device (either
on rhythmbox startup or via a dbus message) and will create a source for
the device. This all seems to work fine except I get an error message on
the debug output:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/robert/.gnome2/rhythmbox/plugins/rbnjb/__init__.py", line
120, in __init__
    rb.RemovableMediaSource(self, *args, **kwargs)
TypeError: could not convert parameter 'entry_type' of type
'RhythmDBEntryType'

I'm not sure what's going on here, but it suggests that your entry
type isn't being created properly, or maybe there's something wrong in
the python bindings.
Thanks, I guess it could be a bug in the python bindings. Is there
anywhere I can report it?
(rhythmbox:7426): Rhythmbox-WARNING **: source 0x883cc88 has no group

This means you need to specify a source group for your source. The
"devices" group is the one you should be using. Find the source group
like this:

  group = rb.rb_source_group_get_by_name('devices')

and pass it in to the source constructor as the 'source_group' argument.
Cheers, that works!
I'm not sure why you're passing the constructed source name through
_() - this would attempt to get a translation for "Rob's Jukebox" (for
example), which isn't likely to exist. Maybe you want '_("%s's
Jukebox") % (njb_device.GetOwnerString()' instead
Thanks for that, I've changed it now.

Matt wrote:
I have no idea with regards to code, but, I'm very interested in there
being njb support in RB (although, I think I upgraded my firmware and
use MTP now...).  IN any event, if I can be of help testing things, I
have a Zen Micro player, and would love RB to actually work with it,
instead of crashing and freezing constantly.
I was actually surprised that there wasn't, seem like one of the easiest
to implement given t here are python bindings for it!
Thanks for the offer, I might take you up on it but if you upgraded your
firmware it won't work will it?

Cheers,

Rob