[Rhythmbox-devel] Nomad Jukebox Plugin...

Hi,

I new to this mailing list (this is my first posting), however I've been working on a plugin to support NJB devices using the python binding pynjb.

A couple of you have had conversations with me over IRC and have been very helpful. Thanks!

I have now got to a point where my plugin will detect the device (either on rhythmbox startup or via a dbus message) and will create a source for the device. This all seems to work fine except I get an error message on the debug output:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/robert/.gnome2/rhythmbox/plugins/rbnjb/__init__.py", line 120, in __init__
   rb.RemovableMediaSource(self, *args, **kwargs)
TypeError: could not convert parameter 'entry_type' of type 'RhythmDBEntryType'

(rhythmbox:7426): Rhythmbox-WARNING **: source 0x883cc88 has no group

This seems to refer to the following lines of code:

# create entry type with unique name: NJB:<owner>:<device_no>
db = self.shell.props.db
entry_type = db.entry_register_type("NJB:" + njb_device.GetOwnerString()+ ":" + str(self.devices))
# create source
source = gobject.new(rbnjbSource, shell=self.shell,
name=_(njb_device.GetOwnerString()+"'s Jukebox"), entry_type=entry_type)
# set device data in source object and setup signal handler
source.init(njb_device, hal_device, self)
# add source to internal soures list
self.sources.append(source)
# add source to shell
self.shell.append_source(source)

The code works fine, it just gives this error message and I was wondering why, can anyone shed some light on the situation?

Thanks in advance,

Rob Connolly