Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] on notification area on close !

On Sun, 2007-05-27 at 17:49 +1000, Jonathan Matthew wrote:

> You can get this effect by:
> - clicking on the notification area icon
> - using the 'close' option in the Music window
> - using the 'show music player' option in the notification area icon menu

I don't think he was asking specifically how to minimize the
application, but rather asking for consistency with most other gnome
applications that have a notification area/toolbar applet in that when
you "X" them, their window goes away but the application does not die.

I don't know if this detail is in the HIG or not, but IMHO it should be.

It's always a pain to have to remember that I cannot "X" ryhtmbox like I
can gaim, ekiga, "beagle-search --icon", Ubuntu update-manager.  Those
are just the applications *I* use.  I am sure there are more.

Consistency is good.

b.

Brian J. Murrell