Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Stop fetching artwork/covers

Le mercredi 09 mai 2007 �1:34 +0200, Paul van Tilburg a �it :
> On Wed, May 09, 2007 at 11:16:34AM +0200, Gilles Dartiguelongue wrote:
> > Le mardi 08 mai 2007 �1:09 +0200, Paul van Tilburg a �it :
> > > I see this happens a lot; also in other applications.  Plugins are, when
> > > enabled, part of the app.  Some plugins might have preferences, but this
> > > can not be accessed via the Preferences menu item, where one
> > > instinctively looks.
> > > To me, which plugins are enabled and disabled is a preference.  Plugins
> > > extend toolbars if they have toolbaar buttns, they extend the sources
> > > list if they provide a source.  Therefore, they should extend the
> > > Preferences menu if they can be configured somehow.  So... maybe a
> > > merge of the two would be a nice idea.  Thoughts?
> >
> > does something like what gedit does would satisfy this criterion ?
>
> Indeed, I found it immediately although I never use it.
> Though I don't see why it can add or extend already existing tabs?
> One objection might be that the tab-navigation may become bothersome when
> there are a lot of tabs (the whole tab-browse-arrows issue).
>
> Paul
>
> P.S. I replied to the list again.

sorry, I missed the reply all button by one :p

I was talking about the integration in the preference window but for
example evolution allows plugins to pop tab and configuration stuff
nearly everywhere in the preference window yet the experience shows that
often those plugins don't do well with HIG.
Any other point of view ?

--
Gilles Dartiguelongue <dartigug esiee fr>