Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Stop fetching artwork/covers

On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 06:10:16PM +0300, Marcus Sundman wrote:
> Peter <rhythmbox-devel maubp freeserve co uk> wrote:
> > Marcus Sundman wrote:
> > > How can I make Rhythmbox not fetch artwork/covers, or at least not
> > > show them if it absolutely insists on fetching them?
> >
> > Disabling the plugin via the menus will turn off both over fetching
> > and cover display.
>
> It did indeed. Thanks!
> I looked through the menus a lot and looked through all the preferences
> at least 4 times, but I somehow completely missed the plugins menu
> item.

I see this happens a lot; also in other applications.  Plugins are, when
enabled, part of the app.  Some plugins might have preferences, but this
can not be accessed via the Preferences menu item, where one
instinctively looks.
To me, which plugins are enabled and disabled is a preference.  Plugins
extend toolbars if they have toolbaar buttns, they extend the sources
list if they provide a source.  Therefore, they should extend the
Preferences menu if they can be configured somehow.  So... maybe a
merge of the two would be a nice idea.  Thoughts?

Kind regards,

Paul

--
Student @ Eindhoven                         | email: paul luon net
University of Technology, The Netherlands   | JID: paul luon net