[Rhythmbox-devel] No python support after autogen.sh run

Hi,

I have been struggling with compiling Rhythmbox from svn for a while
now, and finally figured out what went wrong. I'm still not sure why,
and if it's a bug or my own ignorance.

What happens is that python support isn't detect when I initially
run ./autogen.sh:
        checking whether we can build a shared library depending on libpython... no

A second ./configure run does detect python, but as I build debian
packages and the scripts prefer to run distclean before building, it
still gives me a headache.

It seems, that in configure.ac, the tests for building a python library
is run before the libtool script is created.

Is this by design and something that should be dealt with? (I noticed
that the released tarball of 0.9.8 does not have this problem unless I
rerun ./autogen-sh manually) If so, what do I do wrong?

Thanks in advance,

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson