Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Source groups

Christophe Dehais wrote:

It seems the density of information has decreased with this. I'd say
the more thing can be seen without vertical scroll the better.

On the other hand, I think enough lists fit the vertical space at a typical resolution to warrant some kind of some kind of grouping, at least if cover art and the play queue aren't shown in the sidebar. If you already display 15 items or so in an essentially ungrouped list, showing more may not be very useful because finding things in the list will be slowed down anyway.

I think the possibility of hiding information that is currently irrelevant, provided by the collapsible groups, nicely counters the effect.

I've thought about the matter before, though. Perhaps the icons could be made a little smaller, thus allowing for a denser source list? Thanks to grouping, it would probably still be quite readable. However, I guess that's a subject for a different discussion.

Cheers,

Mika