Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Jamendo plugin

On Sat, 2007-01-13 at 00:25 +0100, Guillaume Desmottes wrote:
> Inspired by the work of Adam Zimmerman and his awesome Magnatune plugin,
> I wrote a Jamendo [1] plugin.
> Jamendo is a portal of free (as in beer and/or freedom) music.
> With this plugin, you can listen all albums in streaming and download
> them using bittorrent.
> So you can freely enjoy 16949 tracks (more than 48 days of music!).

This sounds good to me; supporting more online catalogues is always a
good thing, especially free ones.

> I'd like to propose if for inclusion in rhythmbox. People from Jamendo
> and RedHat are very excited about it and I think it would be a great
> feature for each rhythmbox user.

>From some quick testing it works okay to me, although there was one
nasty thing I noticed:

It often crashes if you don't have the gconf schema installed, or the
keys contain weird values. It's probably a good idea to check that the
retrieved value isn't None before using it.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
I read [.doc files] with "rm". All you lose is the microsoft-specific
font selections, the macro viruses and the luser babblings.