Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Queries about Rhythmbox on dbus

On Wed, 2007-01-03 at 02:25 -0800, Pallavi Rao wrote:
> I am interested to know, if you are working/interested
> to work at a universal dbus interface for all kinds of
> media players, for example, refer:
> http://wiki.videolan.org/DBus-spec

I'm very interesting in having a common dbus interface. I was hoping
that something would come out of the discussion a month ago, but it
being spread across about 20 different mailing lists didn't help.

If there is going to be a discussion somewhere, can I suggest having it
on one mailing list and just posting a pointer to the others.

> Moreover, wouldnot it be nicer if there is a Dbus
> Signal called "VolumeChanged" when a user changes
> volume level? I am interested in the messages on
> dbus-monitor.

That sounds sensible.

> Additionally, wouldnot it be nicer if rhythmbox also
> had a mute button on it, emitting along with it a
> signal called "MuteOn" on dbus-monitor.

We've discussed "mute" before, and I think the general consensus is that
it isn't anywhere near as useful for audio-only players as it is for
video ones. For audio-only players, pausing is usually just as good.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
Klein bottle for sale. Inquire within.