Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox pre-release, and landing of generic audio player write support

On Tue, 2007-02-06 at 13:01 -0800, Adam Zimmerman wrote:
> I've noticed that with the Jamendo plugin (which IIRC uses the new URI
> cover art method), whenever a new song starts playing, the cover art
> briefly starts to fade back to the "no cover art" image, before going
> back to the proper cover.
>
> This is all using yesterday's SVN.

Well, it has to construct the URI and fetch it, which takes time.  If
the Jamendo server were to fail to respond, we'd have to display the "no
cover art" image at some point.  Perhaps we should put in a short
timeout before displaying anything?

In any case, the image will be cached, so subsequent plays will display
it immediately (within the same mainloop iteration).

Ed