Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox Tray Icon Usability & Minor Changes

Giovanni Cataldi wrote:
> James "Doc" Livingston ha scritto:
>
>> These two volumes are actually independent, you can make your music
>> quieter than other things, but I agree that you very rarely want to
>> change Rhythmbox's volume.
>>

>> Cheers,
>>
>> James "Doc" Livingston
>>

> actually, I use this feature (changing volume from the tray icon) most
> of the time, and I find it really useful...
>
> Tomàs Pollak ha scritto:
>

>> I stongly believe that changing songs is a much better option. Most
>> people (including me) also have the volume icon in the taskbar, with
>> which you can change the overall volume. And yes, changing tracks is a
>> lot more common than changing the volume. Besides, most new notebooks
>> also come with multimedia keys that also let you change the volume.
>>

> ok, most of us (including me) have a specific volume icon in the
> taskbar, but, as it has already said, that's a general volume icon and
> not a rhythmbox volume's one..
>
> Giovanni
I also use the rhythmbox volume often, sometimes I listen to songs in
alsaplayer, and don't want to lower the general volume.   I wouldn't
want that feature removed.  Changing songs seems like too important a
thing to be controlled by a scroll wheel.

-Matt