Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Tag wierdness

AI> Totally different.  It is as if RB had cached an old verion of the
AI> tag the file had or if there was different information in say a
AI> id3v1 and a id3v2 tag.

AI> I have tried to remove the file from RB, redo the tagging and
AI> import the files again.  I have tried to move it to another
AI> location. It seems that no matter what I do RB still reports an
AI> other album name than the one it is supposed to. The name is
AI> "sane" in the sense that is not random sequence of characters.

AI> Could it be that the mp3 file has a flac or an vorbis/ogg tag to?
AI> Is that even possible? Would RB prioritize such a tag?

It may have APE tags in addition to ID3 tags.  At the moment rhythmbox
will prefer APE tags (because they appear first in the file) over ID3
tags, see: http://bugs.gnome.org/362876

id3info won't report APE tags, nor will it report ID3v2.4 tags because
it uses id3lib which only reads tags with <= ID3v2.3.  You should be
able to see ID3v2.4 tags in the exfalso tag editor (part of
quod-libet).

You should be able to see all the tags which gstreamer can see (which
includes ID3v1, ID3v2 and APE) by:

gst-inspect -t playbin file:///path/to/file/foobar.mp3

it will print out something like:

Gstreamer output of one such song:
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
FOUND TAG      : found by element "id3demux0".
           title: AC-DC / Highway To Hell
          artist: Ac Dc
           album: Highway To Hell
            date: 1979-01-01
           genre: Hard Rock
     ID3v2 frame: buffer of 33 bytes, type:
     application/x-gst-id3v2-ufid-frame,
version=(int)4
         comment: Description: c0
Comment: www.heavytorrents.org
    track number: 1
FOUND TAG      : found by element "apedemux0".
          artist: Ac dc
           title: AC-DC / Highway To Hell
           album: Highway To Hell
         comment: www.heavytorrents.org
           genre: Hard Rock
            date: 1979-01-01
    track number: 1
FOUND TAG      : found by element "mad0".
           layer: 3
            mode: joint
        emphasis: none
     audio codec: MPEG-1 layer 3