Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Plugin questions

On Dec 25, 2007 11:35 PM, Andrew Conkling <andrew conkling gmail com> wrote:
Forwarding this little gem to the list. :)

On Dec 25, 2007 10:34 PM, Alexandre <airmind gmail com> wrote:
On Dec 25, 2007 6:26 PM, Andrew Conkling <andrew conkling gmail com> wrote:
On Dec 25, 2007 1:22 PM, Alexandre <airmind gmail com> wrote:
Check the Python Console plugin, it does waht you want (it creates a new menu there, but you can specify an existing menu and it will merge your item with the defaults)

I did look at it and a few other third-party plugins, but everything seems to add to the Tools menu. I'm looking for a way to add to the Control menu specifically, and I couldn't find any examples or documentation on that.

Sorry, I forgot to add this. There is a file that describes the Rhythmbox ui, it's called rhythmbox-ui.xml, you can probably find it under /usr/share/rhythmbox (or 'locate rhythmbox-ui.xml ' under a terminal). There you can find the Control and the Tools menu. You can put an item under the ControlMenu to do what you want. You can find all sorts of things in that file.

Actually, just added this to the Plugins Writing Guide. Comments welcome: http://live.gnome.org/RhythmboxPlugins/WritingGuide#head-316c1422fc52aa608aae9ed9e60e7e152251ec19 .