Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Replaygain?

On 19/12/2007, James Doc Livingston < doclivingston gmail com> wrote:

Recent versions of Rhythmbox have had the replaygain code disabled,
because it was flakey, an no-one has fixed it back up yet.

Does this apply to both the original and the cross-fading backend? I opened a bug about replaygain in the newer cross-fading backend (bug #478923), but I haven't noticed any issues with the standard playback backend so long as replaygain is enabled in gconf. By the way, is the use_replaygain gconf setting enabled by default, because it is not exposed anywhere in the UI, so it would have to be specifically enabled otherwise. (gconftool-2 -s -t bool /apps/rhythmbox/use_replaygain true or gconf-editor for those of a gui persuasion).

--
Regards,
Derek