Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Tag writing, musicbrainz, cover art

[...]

>> http://live.gnome.org/Rhythmbox/FAQ
>> http://live.gnome.org/Rhythmbox/TagWriting
>>
>> You edit tag by selecting a track and choosing "Properties" from
>> the "Music" menu and changing the tags in the dialog.  You can do
>> the same for multiple tracks by selecting more than one.

G> That doesn't seem to be working for me with either flac or mp3.
G> The properties text doesn't change when I try to overwrite it.  I
G> did compile with tagwriting enabled and I have
G> gst-plugins-good-0.10.6 installed.  From the document you linked
G> to, it looks like I need to have id3v2mux and flactag installed.
G> Gentoo doesn't have a package with either name, so are there files
G> I can check my system for to see if those are installed?

You need to make sure that the taglib library (which provides
id3v2mux) is installed at the time you compile gst-plugins-good.  You
can tell if your gst-plugins-good is compiled with taglib by running:

gst-inspect id3v2mux

if you get nothing, then you don't have taglib installed and you need
to recompile gst-plugins-good with taglib support.  I don't know how
that sort thing works in gentoo...

Did you try retagging OGG files?  (Again you need vorbistag support).

Alex