Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Tag writing, musicbrainz, cover art

> G> I'm using rhythmbox on Gentoo and I have the musicbrainz and
> G> tagwriting USE flags set, but I don't see how to edit tags and I'm
> G> not sure how Musicbrainz is involved.
>
> Did you compile with tag writing enabled?  You'll need to have
> gstreamer-plugins-good-devel package installed.  If you are editing
> mp3 files, you should have id3v2mux plugin installed (normally within
> the gstreamer-plugins-good package).  libmusicbrainz is used for
> looking up audio CD track data.
>
> See also:
>
> http://live.gnome.org/Rhythmbox/FAQ
> http://live.gnome.org/Rhythmbox/TagWriting
>
> You edit tag by selecting a track and choosing "Properties" from the
> "Music" menu and changing the tags in the dialog.  You can do the same
> for multiple tracks by selecting more than one.

That doesn't seem to be working for me with either flac or mp3.  The
properties text doesn't change when I try to overwrite it.  I did
compile with tagwriting enabled and I have gst-plugins-good-0.10.6
installed.  From the document you linked to, it looks like I need to
have id3v2mux and flactag installed.  Gentoo doesn't have a package
with either name, so are there files I can check my system for to see
if those are installed?

> G> Also if there is cover art that I have but is not found by
> G> rhythmbox, is the best thing to do to name it and add it to
> G> .gnome2/rhythmbox/covers or is there another way?
>
> Did you enable the cover art plugin?  For existing cover art, if you
> copy it into the same directory as the album, naming the file
> front.jpg, or cover.png etc.

That works great, thank you.

- Grant