[Rhythmbox-devel] Alternative to threading in python plugins

In Plugin Writing Guide I found an example of retrieving data from
remote without using thread. I understand it's common case, but in my
plugin I have to send data to remote (usually small chunk, but remote
is rather unstable) using XML-RPC, so the GnomeVFS wouldn't help me
much as too low level stuff (I don't want to implement XML-RPC client
myself). The time to send data and receive response is usually very
short, but there are weeks when remote server is turned off for hours
or even days, so the time to connect may be long.

Anyone has any idea how to perform such task?

--
Jarek Zgoda
http://jpa.berlios.de/